Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am proud to announce that my first book available for purchase through Amazon.com is now available for a mere $5.50! Christmas Terror Tales is guaranteed spooky fun for all ages! For generations, the traditionally peaceful December holiday season has been a celebrated backdrop for frightening tales. This collection combines traditional Christmas elements with the spooky fun of Halloween. Sixteen gripping tales borrow from classical horror and urban legends, and twist holiday archetypes into chilling cautionary tales. A mischievous snowman frames the children who built him for its misdeeds. A haughty priest offers shelter to a hideous monster posing as an orphan. A father brings home a cursed Christmas tree resulting in a terrifying haunting experience for his family. From October through December, these stories of devils, spirits, murderers, monsters, and surprise twists will fascinate children and their parents.
Now, since this collection is obviously geared toward the Halloween season and beyond, I’m holding off on an official press release for just a bit. Regardless, the book is ready NOW, and I’d really like to get the word out among my faithful online followers as much as I can right away. So if you’re a horror fan, a Halloween person, or just a fan of short fiction at large please check it out and help spread the word!
Remember, just like with past projects of mine like Press Start and Press Start Adventures this is not an endeavor backed by a big publishing company with an advertising budget. I depend on my readers to help spread the word as much as they can: link it, blog it, Facebook it. Mention it as often as you can throughout the months of October and December while people have these themes on the brain. I really appreciate anything you can do to raise the profile of this unique anthology.
For those of you who really want to go the extra mile, here are some of the best things you can do for me:
- “Like” it: This one’s easy. Amazon product pages each have a “Like” button just like Facebook. Sign into your Amazon account and click it. Similarly, I have created a Facebook page just for this collection, so please like that as well.
- Purchase my book on the same order as similar items: If you are buying my book from Amazon, take a moment to think about whether or not there are other horror, Halloween, or Christmas themed books or products you’d like to buy in the same purchase order. If you’re looking for an anthology of scary stories by a well-established author I highly recommend the various anthologies by the great Alvin Schwartz. He’s the man! Buying my book along with other similarly themed books will help improve Amazon’s recommendations. Remember, when you spend over $25 on Amazon your shipping is free. Go nuts if you can afford it!
- Write an Amazon Review: If you have read my book and enjoyed it, please take a moment to rate and review it on Amazon. Even a short, thoughtful, two sentence impression will go a long way to encourage readers of the caliber of this collection. Of course, if you despised the book… don’t worry so much about writing that review.
- Make a Listmania! List: Amazon has a very cool feature called Listmania in which consumers can make lists of similar or grouped items. Make a list of Christmas, Halloween, or Horror products and include my book! http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14279651
- Make a So You’d Like to… Guide: Amazon has a similar feature called So You’d Like to… Guides. Again, make one of these that is geared towards scary stories, horror, Halloween, or Christmas and include my book. More info here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14279691
Overall, I had a blast writing this collection, and believe me you haven’t heard the last of my journey into self-publishing or my crusade to get these stories out there from now through New Year’s. And of course… there’s always next year too!